DCSD Growing Together Podcast - Episode 5: It's Okay to not be Okay
In this episode we visit with two students from Rock Canyon High School to hear about their Douglas County School District learning experience.
Host: Erica Mason
Guest(s): Jay Chohan and Zoey Zizzo
- What is your hope for the future of students in Douglas County School District?
- What is the hardest part about being a student in 2019, or more importantly what is the hardest part about being a young adult in 2019?
- What advice would you give our teachers in leaders in supporting your learning and growth?
- In what ways do you feel prepared to graduate and continue on to additional schooling, service or entering the workforce?
- This is your chance to talk to teachers, parents and other students. What do each of us need to do to hear from you as representatives of DCSD
- I always ask guests what they think is the biggest challenge that teachers today face? What do you think it is and how do we overcome that challenge?
- As a student in 2019, what do you and the wider student body most want teachers to consider as they plan for their daily interactions with students and instruction?
- What is the most important lesson that you’ve learned as a student in DCSD?
- We know that the social emotional and mental health pressures that students today face are large and prevalent in our community. What is the best way to help each other?