ELEMENTARY LITERACY: A Balancing Act - Independent Learning During Guided Reading
Class Description & Purpose:
Explore how to effectively structure, manage, and create authentic and meaningful independent learning activities during guided reading instruction.
- Examine the components of an organized learning environment
- Determine management structures and strategies for successful implementation
- Explore authentic and meaningful independent learning activities
- Create or refine the structure and management of your literacy block.
- Develop purposeful and meaningful differentiated independent learning activities during guided reading groups.
Introductory - Getting started in an area, examples of possible entry points for implementation, foundational components of a practice/strategy, or big picture thinking around a practice/strategy.
Audience: K-6 Teachers
Point of contact for class: firstname.lastname@example.org