ELEMENTARY LITERACY: Guided Reading - An Instructional Strategy to Support Literacy Development
Class Description & Purpose:
Participants will have the opportunity to evaluate the purpose, impact, and structure of guided reading instruction to be used within a balanced literacy framework.
Explore the essential components of effective guided reading instruction as a support to increase literacy development.
Purpose of Guided Reading
- Develop students reading ability through the application of strategic actions
- Model effective, targeted reading strategies
- Responsive teaching based on individual student development
- Explore processes, structures, and resources for the implementation of effective guided reading instruction
- Plan for strategic guided reading lessons within balanced literacy framework
Create your next steps for implementing or refining guided reading in your classroom.
Introductory - Getting started in an area, examples of possible entry points for implementation, foundational components of a practice/strategy, or big picture thinking around a practice/strategy.
Audience: K-6 Teachers
Point of contact for class: firstname.lastname@example.org