ELEMENTARY LITERACY: Strategies for Teaching Vocabulary at the Elementary Level
Explore 5 methods for vocabulary instruction, examine high quality instructional strategies plan for high impact vocabulary strategy implementation focused on Tier 2 words.
Explore processes and strategies for vocabulary instruction to increase comprehension and utilization of language
- Increased vocabulary impacts student comprehension and learning in all content
- Vocabulary as a vehicle for higher level learning
- Building block of literacy and comprehension
- Explore processes, activities, and resources to use for high impact vocabulary instruction
- Create engaging, hands-on/minds-on opportunities for students to interact with Tier 2 vocabulary words to expand vocabulary
Refine a unit or create an implementation plan for vocabulary instruction by integrating hands-on, engaging strategies for students based on Tier 2 words.
Introductory - Getting started in an area, examples of possible entry points for implementation, foundational components of a practice/strategy, or big picture thinking around a practice/strategy.
Audience: K-6 Teachers
Point of contact for class: email@example.com