Creating Authentic & Sustainable Learning Experiences
Class Description & Purpose:
This class is for participants who are ready to take risks with their classroom instruction to provide authentic and/or sustainable learning experiences for their students. Participants will explore and create learning opportunities for students to apply and demonstrate their learning in meaningful and memorable ways.
- Create a shared understanding for authentic and sustainable learning
- Explore resources and examples for authentic and sustainable learning from around the district and around the country
- Apply authentic and sustainable learning experiences to an existing unit
- Explore structures for authentic and sustainable learning from around the district (i.e. Blueprint, Mosaic, Edge)
Use learned processes and strategies to create and/or refine
- a unit to include more authentic and sustainable learning experiences
- a structure (i.e. student program, flexible schedule) which promotes authentic & sustainable learning
Reimagined - Practices/strategies that embody out of the box thinking, high-level 21st Century learning opportunities, or authentic and collaborative experiences for students.
Audience: K-12 Teachers
Point of contact for class: email@example.com